Air Travel Checklist
Let’s face it, we can all be a little forgetful sometimes; unsurprisingly so when we are planning to go away and especially if you’re responsible for packing for children or other dependents.
With this in mind, we’ve compiled a travel checklist of things to consider before you leave or that you’ll need to take with you. This list is intended as a memory jogger, and may not include everything relevant to your trip: we can’t be held responsible for partners left behind…
- Confirm flight reservations
- Check the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website for up-to-date issues relating to the country you’re travelling to
- Get vaccinations if appropriate. Remember to check if you need them in plenty of time!
- Get valid visas / ESTAs if applicable.
- Check in and Pre-book your seats online
- Request early boarding at check-in
- Confirm any dietary or special assistance requirements with your airline
From personal experiences, the below list is a collection of items that are a must in anyone’s hand luggage!
- Tickets and boarding pass
- Travel insurance documents
- Driving licence
- Local currency or travel card
- Credit cards
- Mobile phone & charger
- European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
- Magazines, books, games, music player – especially if flying with children!
- Glasses / contact lenses
- Change of clothes
As well as the obvious; multiple outfits, the bigger cosmetics and electrical items that don’t fit in your hand luggage, remember to consider the below items before you zip up your suitcase!
- Electrical adapters
- Photocopies of all important documents (passport, insurance and visas) packed separately from the originals
- Suntan lotion
- First aid kit
- Insect repellent