Heathrow Airport Checklist
Let’s face it, we can all be a little forgetful sometimes; unsurprisingly so when we are planning to go away and especially if you’re responsible for packing for children or other dependents.
With this in mind, we’ve compiled an airport checklist of things to consider before you leave or that you’ll need to take with you. This list is intended as a memory jogger, and may not include everything relevant to your trip: we can’t be held responsible for partners left behind…
- Confirm flight reservations
- Check the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website for up-to-date issues relating to the country you’re travelling to
- Get vaccinations if appropriate. Remember to check if you need them in plenty of time!
- Get valid visas / ESTAs if applicable.
- Check in and Pre-book your seats online
- Request early boarding at check-in
- Confirm any dietary or special assistance requirements with your airline
What to Pack?
- Tickets and boarding pass
- Travel insurance documents
- Driving licence
- Local currency or travel card
- Credit cards
- Mobile phone & charger
- European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
- Magazines, books, games, music player – especially if flying with children!
- Glasses / contact lenses
- Change of clothes
As well as the obvious; multiple outfits, the bigger cosmetics and electrical items that don’t fit in your hand luggage, remember to consider the below items before you zip up your suitcase!
- Electrical adapters
- Photocopies of all important documents (passport, insurance and visas) packed separately from the originals
- Suntan lotion
- First aid kit
- Insect repellent
Need a little more guidance? Why not check out this guide to travelling with just your hand luggage? Yes, it’s doable! If you can’t bring yourself to condense your possessions to one bag, Airport Parking Shop try to settle the debate on which bag is best: suitcase, backpack or hand luggage?
Travelling with Children
If travelling with children, your packing checklist will be longer. Here’s a few items you shouldn’t forget:
- Child’s passport
- Baby food
- Baby wipes
- Infant equipment (such as travel buggy, car seat etc.)
- Shampoo / wash
- Shoes, sandals
- Nappies, swimming nappies, nappy cream, nappy sacks
Use this ‘Flying with babies and toddlers’ guide to get more packing ideas and where which item should go – your hand luggage or the checked-in bag.